St Andrews C of E Infant School gallery.
The Headteacher at St Andrews C of E Infant School in Coventry contacted us with a request that we undertake a free, no-obligation site visit in order to assess their outdoor curriculum and play areas and come up with ideas and suggestion as to how they could be transformed into something which was more engaging, stimulating and educational for the children to use.
Following our site visit we discussed our ideas with the management team at St Andrews C of E Infant School, ensuring that our plans would give them the range of facilities they wanted but at the same time would remain within their budget for the project.
The range of hand-built equipment we installed for the school included the following:-
- A hexagonal sun shelter with open sides, a decking floor and link-benches between the supporting posts. The sun shelter was topped with a feature brush reed roof with heavy-duty external grade plywood and waterproof membrane underneath;
- Coloured EPDM wet pour safety surface with a selection of graphics, roadway markings and pedestrian crossing;
- A triple-wall polycarbonate roof canopy with treated uprights and joists with additional noggins for extra strength and support;
- A sandpit with sliding lid/stage, liner and sterilised play grade sand;
- Round-top palisade fencing with matching gates and pergolas;
- Hexagonal outdoor classroom with half shiplap sides, feature brush reed roof with heavy-duty external grade plywood and waterproof membrane underneath, decking floor, bench seating and block paved apron to front and sides.
The Lord Mayor of Coventry conducted an official opening ceremony upon completion of the project.
All of the equipment was constructed using only the best Scandinavian 5ths kiln dried redwood, with radius corners to prevent splinter hazards, and pressure treated with Tanalith® E, giving a 15 year guarantee against fungal decay and insect attack.
If you would like something similar to fit your budget then call Martell Play and Leisure today, your local supplier and installer.